Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Direction

I am still trying to figure out what will happen with this blog. I don't want to abandon it, but I am seeking a new direction. I am feeling a huge need for change. I am really enjoying snapping pictures of my kids and other beautiful things on instagram. It's effortless and simple, and I love it. The other big thing is my own personal evolution.
 Way back in 2007, I started this blog as an outlet, and to connect with other homeschooling families. Homeschooling was new to me, I was hashing it all out, and exploring different styles. Paradigms have changed and grown, anxieties have been shed, and we are all living pretty comfortably in a life learning lifestyle. I just feel like I no longer want to keep talking about it, and documenting it all. It all feels so normal for me now, and I feel silly that this is practically the sole focus here.
Also, it seems like this was the main focus of my life for the past several years. My kids are getting older now and taking charge of their own lives in terms of finding their own paths. I have been getting more time to get reacquainted with myself as someone who has all these interests and things that I want to explore and do more of.
So, that is where I am at.
 I wonder what color my pretty wings will be when I escape this chrysalis?

2 comments:

Heart Rockin Mama said...

Same thing happened on my blog. For so long it was about unschooling. I think it was while I was figuring it all out. Now its more about our days and photos (when my computer doesn't suck)
I love getting a peek at your days.

Frogcreek said...

I know! I feel so over talking about it lately. I still don't know what to do about pictures. I really love instagram for that, you know? Maybe this will morph into a journal of everything... I just hate uploading the damn pictures.