Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Road Trip to TN, Day 2.

I woke the kids up nice and early, as we wanted to get back on the road. IMG 2717 Photo 15 Photo 12
We had a pretty interesting "continental" breakfast. One could have gotten the same nutrition from a vending machine. I am really glad I packed up the car with all of the yummies that we are used to. But it was so interesting to see many people in the breakfast room load up their plates with this crap. I guess it was saying something after half of them left to go outside and and chain smoke. Anyway, we again drove, and drove, ourselves all the way to Asheville, NC. I have always heard such great things about this city.  I was really excited to find out that with a little tweak on our route, we could hang out there for a while.
We all really liked it!Photo 4
It had a great laid back vibe with such an eclectic group of people. There were awesome restaurants to choose from, IMG 2769 IMG 2764
The streets were pretty. IMG 2765
They had fun, quirky, shops with neat things to try on. Photo 10
And try on we did!
We found a pretty piece of river behind the BBQ shack, Photo 8
 and had some fun,
 wondering if there were alligators in them.
Photo 6
 Which there isn't..
So we headed back to the car, Photo 11
and decided it was time to check out the Biltmore Mansion. IMG 2767 IMG 2768 IMG 2752 IMG 2750 IMG 2748
Quite beautiful.
The kids enjoyed it more than I thought they would. I wish we had more time to explore the gardens, but it got so hot that the kids were melting. So like any good parent, I sugared them up, IMG 2760
 and got them back on the road. IMG 2763
It was time to finish up our journey to Tennessee!
But, there were still a few little stops on the way... IMG 2766

4 comments:

Rosemarie said...

I just love reading your posts. Always make me smile first thing in the morning:)

jenny miller said...

Hey mama, you're in our neck of the woods! Glad you all are having a great time.

mamak said...

Rose thanks!
Jenny! HOW close are we? you can email me at kimcosar @yahoo.com
I like to meet cool people!

jenny miller said...

Kim, we are in Mars Hill which is 30 min from downtown Asheville. We have 3 rural acres. We'd love to meet you all.