Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Halloween Tree

When we were at the lake the other week, The kids were about to throw a pretty big branch into the water.  Jess said, "what a cool looking branch!" So I took a double take and said I was thinking about making a halloween tree. She looked at me and said, "if you can get that in your car, do it"
With a little seat rearranging it was in.
It was big, but it had the spooky tree look going..


 I cut it down a lot, to where that curve in tree is, see it?
 Next was to spray paint it all black.
Sooo, I grabbed some supplies.

 And a boy to help.

 The boy brought a dino.

He said it looked cool in the black grass.

 It did...
Not pictured is us spray painting an old weaved pot dark purple and some rocks orange.
Basically, I put some rocks at the bottom of the pot so it would not topple, and to position the tree. In order to keep the weight down, I used crumpled up newspaper in the middle for filler. Then I topped with orange sprayed rocks.
 The base looks like this,

And this is the tree, all decked out.





It's kind of awesome!
 It will be even more awesome when I get more lights!
and more decorations!
It will!

6 comments:

Shel said...

Oh my gosh, it's all sorts of awesome! Totally makes me want to make one! It's truly the prefect branch for a Halloween tree! Love, love, love, love it!

Andrea said...

Good eye for a cool branch. I may have to grab this idea and run with it. I am not great at decorating, but I like it with the light! And spray paint, can't go wrong.

mamak said...

If you want it to come out super great, there must be beer. Just sayin' I don't know if you can recreate this project with out that vital ingredient.

Theresa said...

Very, very cool!!!! I love it!!

And I love that one of your supplies was beer! lol!

Elemental Handcrafts said...

I shall now call you Martha. Awesome!

MamaTea said...

Absolutely awesome. Truly. And I love the supplies that were needed to make the tree. ;)

And because you're so awesome, I have an award for you over at my blog. I don't know if you're into the award thing...but I just wanted you to know you rock. :)

http://thehmmmschoolingmom.blogspot.com/2011/10/whome.html