Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Rain, rain, rain...

You are invited to a pity party. We are on Day 4 of rain. The forecast calls for :
Tonight
May 18
Rain
Rain
N/A
57°
90%

High not valid after 2pm
Thu
May 19
T-Showers
T-Showers
68°
56°
70%

68°F
Fri
May 20
T-Showers
T-Showers
68°
55°
60%

68°F
Sat
May 21
Isolated T-Storms
Isolated T-Storms
72°
54°
30%

72°F
Sun
May 22
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
76°
57°
10%

76°F
Mon
May 23
Isolated T-Storms
Isolated T-Storms
78°
61°
30%

78°F
Tue
May 24
Isolated T-Storms
Isolated T-Storms
84°
58°
60%

84°F
Wed
May 25
Isolated T-Storms
Isolated T-Storms
80°
59°
40%

80°F
Thu
May 26
Showers
Showers
75°
58°
40%

75°F
Fri
May 27
Showers
Showers
74°
55°
60%

74°F
Last Update
Ok! That is a lot of damn rain. But this is what happens this time of year in these parts. We have a few nice days of "spring like weather",  then it gets crappy for a long time, and then WHAM! 80 degrees and summer is on..
I am not a fan of that pattern.
Yesterday, it was damp and chilly and we had to turn the heat on, in MAY.
So today I was not happy. Day four of this with no end in sight. All I wanted to do was curl up with a book in bed, and stay there.
I had a glass full of ramps that we harvested in the kitchen that were waiting to be transplanted into our woods. I hope to eventually have my own little patch to pick from.  They were beginning to wilt and yellow a bit. It was now or never for these things. So, I got on my boots and fleece and headed out.
I started to feel a bit better when I came to this part of my outside adventure.

I crossed over and planted some where last years transplants were thriving. I meandered around, and started to notice that it was actually kind of warm, and how green everything was. That warm moist air feels wonderful when drawn deeply into the chest. About how good the wet, rich soil smells.
Even though it was gray and drizzly, I was actually starting smile.
 I headed up to the barn. That always makes me feel even better. Because up there it's all like this:






And then I noticed that Carly has been working,

on a new tree.
Then something a little fun happened. I found a lost lego alligator. I thought I could like play around and put it in fun little areas and take pictures. Like an alligator adventure series..

But then the sky opened up big time and I ran into a stall for cover.

Game over.
 I had to make a little rain hat out of a bag.

Because I am so stellar, and resourceful.
So I headed home feeling way better than when I started.
Sometimes you just have to pull yourself up by the boot straps.
Literally.

5 comments:

Elemental Handcrafts said...

You are awesome. Sun! I saw sun for Sunday! And ramps!! I'm going foraging Saturday even if it is raining. Yummy! We need to see you guys soon.

julie said...

yikes - send some our way , I need to fill up that rain barrel I made! : )

can't wait to see you guys next month

Rosemarie said...

You have been a blogging queen lately. Love It! Hope to see you soon!

Shel said...

This rain is insane! Our rain barrel however is quite happy to be overflowing. Just wish that we had another one or two of them to put all this water to good use!

Theresa said...

What a great post! Love how stellar and resourceful you are! And love the alligator pics! lol!! And the happy barnyard!