Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A barn, early spring.


I loved being at the barn this afternoon. So I just started snapping pictures. I think I will do this each season.
 The barn is my great place.
Quiet, interesting odors, and sounds. I love watching the animals, and caring for them,
I hardly ever speak when I am with the animals. It's amazing how well animals read subtle body language. How a certain sequenced whistle, a hand gesture and the snap of fingers can send them off on a perimeter check (dogs).
Outstanding.
You don't need to speak.
Brilliant.
 Animals are intuitive, and my soul feeds off this.
Anyway, I find the barn dusty, primitive, filled with the wonder of childhood dreams, the smell of hay, the act of personal sustainability, and the intimate care of your food source.
Our barn in pictures:



















Did you see the specialness?

6 comments:

Heart Rockin Mama said...

I love your barn, but I'm not gonna lie... I won't miss Oreo's odor! Can't wait to visit soon :-)

mamak said...

Yes, agreed. He STANK! But he was a good good boy! can't wait to see you, too.

julie said...

Your barn is great! I love it too!

Stephanie said...

I don't have a barn and didn't have one as a kid, but I can imagine being very attached to it.

verdemama said...

We're moving to the country soon, and while I'm going to start by building a chicken co-op, a lovely barn, odors and all, is in the long-term plans. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing yours :)
~Nikole

Andrea said...

That is one lovely, impressive barn. It is so good to see it without all that snow from earlier in the winter. You can finally get to it!!! Happy animals and happy spring.