Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

So not in Kansas anymore...


Well, we are extremely lucky to have family who live on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. It truly is the most beautiful place we have ever been. For Addy and I, it's our third trip. For Marlin it's her third as well, but the first hardly counted, she was 6 months old. We conceived Kaya here on her first trip, and interestingly enough after we named him, we discovered his shortened nickname Kai means ocean in Hawaiian.
Neat stuff, that
 So for the kids collectively, it's their second time.
Yes, I truly understand how lucky this makes us. And I am entirely grateful for each trip we are able to make.
One day, possibly, maybe, if I am so lucky, in the far future, perhaps I will reside here at least part time.
 I adore it all that much.
Anyway, we have been exploring my brother and his family's neighborhood. We are loving the size of the sidewalk here.


We have never had a neighborhood in which we were able to walk so leisurely! Strange but true..
We have climbed trees along the way,

and swung

on random


found ropes.


Crazy neat thing is that the Pirates of the Carribean boat is parked here,


with in waking distance.

look at it!


We have been climbing lots of jetties




Found many tidal pools,





with loads of cutie baby snails.

Looking for crabs,


there were some biggies, but this will do, for now.


 Shell searching,

Baby hammerhead,


and Ray spying at the lagoon of a local hotel.


We were super lucky to stumble upon this green sea turtle.

 He is a male,

about 260 pounds.

I know this because that is what the turtle researcher lady told us.
We have also been on high lizard alert.


It's been a fun first few days.


Next up, beach fun!

There has been hours of that!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh, you all look so happy and how could you not be? I was wondering how you knew how much the turtle weighed!! Great pictures, enjoying them thoroughly!

Jessica said...

I am trying to live vicariously through you! Have fun. You all look so full of peace.

Heart Rockin Mama said...

I am so happy for you guys :-)
It looks wonderful and warm and bright and exciting...

Stephanie said...

I'm with Jean... so happy for you!
Wonderful, wonderful.

Hawaii is definitely on my list.

julie said...

So glad you are having a wonderful time!!!

Robyn said...

Fabulous! Enjoy! Thanks for sharing.

ladybug-zen said...

awesome! it looks absolutely amazing! wishing you many more adventures!!

denise said...

magical adventures! so much fun, so much life going on. love it!