Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

girl

She has been busy turning nine, and stuff.

She has been designing the house with fabric,

 and plastic bag sculptures,

 and harassing the dog.

She has switched up her room, and strung lights.

 Lights made with real


 dyed leaves,

that glow into the night.

She has found, and is enjoying sewing.

She has had friends over,

 done science experiments,

was vital in decorating the tree,

 She has liked jumping on the bed,

 and finding owl pellets,

nuzzling ferrets,

and talking on the phone.

She has been busy turning nine and stuff.

8 comments:

varunner said...

Happy 9th! Hope it's a magical year. Looks like she's been having fun - particularly enjoyed the bag-dog.

Shel said...

A fabulous post for a fabulous girl! It sure looks like 9 is off to a perfect start!

I would love, love, love to know more about dying real leaves! What a neat idea!

Jessica said...

That is one amazing owl pellet! Did she find it in the woods or did you order it?

She is a beautiful girl, a wonderful friend and a inspiration to us. I will never forget the first day I met her on the bench at the YMCA and I thought to myself, this is one girl I can't wait to get to know! Thankfully I did! Oh -- you and the boys are pretty great too!!!

mamak said...

VArunner- Thanks!
Shel- We did not make the lights. I bought them from my friend steph's store:http://www.earthetarian.com/store/
Go to the "for the home category" they are on page 2. They are beautiful.
Jess!-
We are so glad we met too! Glad my kid connected us! The owl pellet was found!

Heart Rockin Mama said...

I love her and cannot wait to give her lots of hugs this weekend. She is such a great person. I am so thankful she is our friend :)

Andrea said...

Happy birthday, and guess what? We had a nine year old birthday here too! It was fun, but more boy oriented! I hope you had a great week!!!

denise said...

Sweet girl. Happy 9th. That is a big change year. From little to not little. :)

Love 2B Homeschoolers said...

Beautiful post.