Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Falling behind

and trying to catch up! It's the story of my life. We have been keeping busy just by living, and that creates so much, well, busy-ness.


 Anyway, here is a little smaterings of the things we did, or at least the ones stored on various image capturing devices...
Ev has been loving sitting with me and coloring, or me reading to him, or him trying his hand at printing.


He is so cute, with a big smile as he is showing me his mad skills.
Another cutie.

I am so lucky to be surrounded by three of them! Four, if you count my other boy..
A breakfast play date.
We really liked getting over to our friend's house just in time for a pancake and sausage breakfast.


That was awesome.
Marlin tried very hard to find her good friend's baby guinea pigs a home.


I love when she makes posters and flyers. She puts her heart into them and they always turn out fantastic.
I have no idea what these guys were working on, as it was that long ago.


But whatever it was, it was swell. I know that because I took a picture to show you how swell it was.


s w e l l.
Horse dentist visit.

My horse is weirdly into it...
Barnes and Noble star wars event.


I thought Kaya would love it, but he thought it was lame. So we bought yummy compensatory snacks from the Starbucks there, and all was right.
Chillin' with Hexagons,



Making cool designs.
Voting.


A cookie booth sales for Brownies.


Pottery.

 I can't wait to show you what they made.
Skyping family in Turkiye.


Which resulted in Marlin wanting to do Rosetta Stone Turkish for an hour.


Playing card games with Grandma, Grandpa, and Great Grandma.

Boffer battles!


Kids tried a new to them cuisine, Spanish Tapas.


It was a hit.
Checked on the bees,


and trying to rig up their hive so they can make it through the winter.
Had some excitement here tonight at Odie's expense.
Coyotes have been coming around at dusk, trying to pick off our little dog. I knew something has been lurking as the little dog would stare off into the woods and wag, expecting a guest to play... and a little bit later Odie would be deep in the woods barking his heart out. I have been successfully keeping Odie in at night as he is always challenging the coyotes, and they are plentiful this year. They have been traveling in packs 3 - 4 dogs big.
 That many, and Odie would not have much of a chance.
I went out to get him in tonight and he was in the woods and going nuts. I heard a big growl and a lot of brush movement. At first I thought it was a bear. It was a deep growl and did not sound very canine like. Soon after Odie  and a coyote were fighting in the river and a bit in the yard.
The coyote hid under a dock by the creek, and we got Odie a few moments later. We knew his face was hurt, as we saw all the blood.


Not pretty.
But fear not, just a few puncture wounds that hit a vein. He is doing well and on antibiotics. Tomorrow he gets an updated rabies shot to be sure.
The coyote took off into the woods 10 minutes later. I have no idea what shape he is in.
I need to keep on my toes about the little dog.
They are onto him.
The kids were awesome, ready to head into the office to stitch the dog up. Turns out we just need to stem the bleeding, and some copious peroxide. We had meds on hand, luckily.
Nobody freaked.
They were concerned, but calm.
I was proud.
So, I dunno? I don't think we do enough to keep the kids stimulated. Not enough exposure to diverse topics, or rich experiences. I think a school would be a better place for them to learn properly.
What do you think?
Muahaha....

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Maybe that turkey on the table can teach her Turkish.

Jessica said...

My Mom had an encounter with something in her back yard when she was letting her dog out. He is a husky mix and we call him wild. Something was in the brush growling at them and her dog was growling back and trying to attack. She was able to scare whatever it was off and get her dog back into the house. She mentioned her thought that it was a bear. I think it must have been a coyote.......

We are all so glad he is okay.

mamak said...

That will only speak phrases and few other giblets....
Jess, the growl that came from this thing was pure baratone. Coupled with the brush destruction, and lack of barking, I really did not think it was a coyote at first. It was crazy. I would bet money that your Mom had a coyote run in. I am wondering, If Odie needs a partner....

Heart Rockin Mama said...

Odie does need a partner. A corgi, me thinks ;)Glad he is OK.

Andrea said...

Your sense of sarcasm speaks to my heart and makes me smile! Here's to our unstimulated, underexposed kiddos!

Rosemarie said...

Sounds like you are jumping ahead!
Also, we loved the Yale Art museum too. Especially the abstract floor.

MamaTea said...

Muahaha is right, my dear. Totally underexposed and understimulated. I mean, really. Its amazing you can find anything to write about in your fabulous blog. ;)

In all seriousness, man are you BUSY!!! Looks like a blast though :) Enjoy!!