Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Chicks, 2010!

Well yeah! We had three little chicks hatch out! The three blue eggs, were doing nothing, no chirping, no pipping, so I investigated. I cracked some shell off and as soon as the membrane was exposed, it was clear that they had ceased development early on. So we are thrilled to have three new beautiful chicks. I have named Henrietta, Benedict, and Yoko. Marlin hates my names, and she said she is renaming them, but I will always refer to them as thus, silently in my head.
What?
Anyway, the incubation process from start to finish is one of those things that you just have to do to fully appreciate. So I will not try to explain all the care, and worry, and excitement and waiting, and joy. I will however bombard you with photos!


See?
Absolutely amazing.

6 comments:

Andrea said...

Thanks for all the pictures, it was almost like being there...

Jessica said...

I am so grateful that we were able to be there. Thank you for giving my family that amazing experience of birth.

mamak said...

No, I have used big huge labs mosaic maker. It's free, and Jean turned me onto it. Let me know if you need help.

MamaTea said...

I am so glad you had chicks hatch!! I am glad you posted pics :) Our first incubator full of eggs did not hatch but we have tweaked and worked harder and will be starting new eggs shortly. I'm so glad I got to "see" your chicks hatching. It's just the coolest thing!!

varunner said...

Oh, thanks. I didn't even think of just making a collage! I'm going to give that a shot. :-)

Mysticiris said...

Totally amazing!!!!