Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

K, NYC, and Cirque Du Soleil


My good friend Steph, offered me a day in NYC to see Cirque.
How can you possibly pass that up?
Well, you can't.
She only had 2 tickets, and I have three equally loved, deserving kids.
I played fair, kept my mouth shut, and waited to see how it would all play out,
M was at her grandparents for a two day spoil fest.
I asked if E wanted to go to Daddy's work and eat Doughnuts, of course he did.
I told K that I had a surprise lined up for him and I on Saturday and left it at that.
He was pretty good about waiting, and did not bombard me with a thousand questions.
We got up around 6:30 to eat breakfast and were on the road by 7:30.
I was babbling while driving about what a great day we were going to have, and that we are going out for lunch with our friends, and that we were going to NYC!
And I look in the rear view to see the contorted face of a crying boy.
What! What did I say?
Is he hurt?
I dunno...
I start trying to figure out how all of this wonderfulness has caused such sudden, deep sadness.
Finally he says I miss E, I want him to be with me and the fun.
Shit.
That was too sweet, and now I feel like a big turd for picking one, and leaving the others sort of clueless.
And of the position I had put K in.
I knew there was going to be hell to pay after the cat was out of the bag, but I wasn't expecting this so soon.
We talked about how E was in for a special day with Dad, and how it was thoughtful, and how much he loves his little bro.
I don't know how I got such a sweet pea, but I did.
When we arrived at our friends and got into to their car, he was feeling much better!
I was not allowed to take any pictures of the actual outstanding performance but here is the rest of our day!:

AND I found another Ripley's believe it or not museum.
On the same street that Mary Poppin's production is playing!
I think you know what's gonna go down soon....

We came home to eat cake and wish Grandma a very happy birthday.

It was a stelar day among great friend's, such opportunities, and memories that will last us a long time.

And it was just me and my boy, and you can't beat that.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Aaaaaw... is there anything better than a sweet boy? I think not.
Glad you had a fine day!
xx

Madeline Rains said...

soooo cool. It is wonderful doing things with one of them.