Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Ripley's Museum


I LOVE Ripley's museums.
Seriously, I would drive all over the darn country to see them all.
I am a self proclaimed, queen of useless, freaky information.
I think my ultimate dream calling in life would be to acheive the curator status for one of these fine establishments.
(((((quiver))))
I mean how can you not love deformed creatures?

They are twice as nice!

A dress made from starbursts wrappers.

A collage of dryer lint.

A sideshow "mermaid body" made from a monkey and a fish.

Clever!
Whale's ear drums.

Shrunken heads, and THE recipe on how to do it....

A mummified head.

The worlds tallest man replica.

Cryptozoological foot prints,

ya know, bigfoot, a werewolf, and THE abominable snow man.
And just so you know, YES, they climbed up on a really big chair.

It was a magnificent way to blow your mind for two whole hours.

5 comments:

Heart Rockin Mama said...

sounds so cool!

Marcie said...

Hi There! So glad to hear you love us! :) How many museums have you been to?

Are you on facebook? find us there:

http://facebook.com/ripleysbelieveitornot

or on twitter @RipleyWorld

I post new stuff on there all the time and love to connect with friends like u :)

Thanks for such a nice post! Nice way to end my day!

Your friends at Ripley's,
Marcie Pikel
www.ripleys.com

Ripley Entertainment
World Headquarters for Ripley's Believe It or Not!

Love 2B Homeschoolers said...

You are so weird.

Three Mommies said...

Just so you know: The really tall guy doesn't seem to have a head. ;)

Stephanie said...

I don't know if I'd be fascinated or horrified.

:)