Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Well, I guess I should just tell you

Remember my sweet favorite goat?
Well, it died.
It made it about a week. It just was not gaining weight, despite nursing, it just lacked that spark needed to thrive.
I was sad for a long time, and just did not want to discuss it. I blamed the Mom for a while, cause truly, she is a dingbat. But there is no denying that she is taking care of the other two.
I really hate when babies, innocent sweet babies, are not healthy enough to enjoy this world. Maybe it's a selfish part of me, that wants to enjoy them. 
Maybe it's some sort of lesson from the universe.
I do know that I have been able to work past the anger and hurt.
 I have learned to not mourn for that of which I have lost, but to be grateful and appreciate even more for those that I still have.
 I need to concentrate on the abundance that I have in my life.
 I have a lot to be so thankful for.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

It might be selfish, maybe that's part of it for me, too, but I think (at least for me) that it seems so cruel that the promise of new life, that the beginning of the circle gets cut short by the end, by death. I hate it.

Anthony said...

Kim - i am so sorry to hear about the sweet little guy. I know that it must of been very hard for you. You did everything you could and he was loved!

Julie

Lynnie said...

Darn! So sorry to hear! Both times one of our goats had triplets the exact same thing happened, so I feel your pain. I remember the depressed feeling and the extreme irritation I had against the mother who was clearly not doing her job. In one case the baby died, in the other we intervened early enough and saved the two rejected kids, but it was really, really hard. We have had our share of ups and downs with our goats. I hope your other two thrive!

MamaTea said...

Sorry to hear about Little Baby Goat. I have heard that sometimes triplets are hard :( I hope the other two are healthy and happy! And hugs to you.

Stephanie said...

Ah, Honey, I'm sorry.
Big hugs to you.