Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ok


it's time to get back into blogging. I spent the last day unpacking, laundrifying, and house straightening, and food shopping. Kids started a new class and played with a friend. I also have been Dr. appointment making. Although I have been feeling much better, my echocardiogram that I had performed because my EKG was abnormal, showed that I have a heart problem.
JOY.
What I appear to have is a severe thickening of the left ventricle. Usually it is due to high blood pressure, which I do not have. The other reason is genetics. Heart problems run in my family, and I am the lucky recipient of that gene. So I go to my appointment to the cardiologist on the 28th, to see what needs to be done at this point. I do know that will require some meds, and a possible surgery in my future ( a big maybe at this point), but it's a pretty safe one. 
So once I get the diagnosis confirmed, all of my immediate family will need to have this heart test to rule it out, and my kids and my brothers will need to be monitered so their hearts do not get like this.
I am grateful that this has allowed us to know in order to protect our kids and their kids.
But I am not down. Wanting to get on top of it for sure, but not upset. Sure, it's unfortunate, but there is nothing that I could have done to prevent it. I do wish that I did not skip my annual physical last year, as it may have been caught a teeny bit earlier. But it was not pesent on EKG 2 years ago, so that makes me feel happy.
If anything it just makes me enjoy each day more. And who wouldn't want that? 
It's all about the lemonade!
Ok, so that's enough medical stuff.
On to our vacation photos!
The first day we arrived we just played in the pool a few hours, and then we headed to Magic Kingdom to see their spectromagic parade.
 It was amazing! Like those houses you see sometimes around Christmas,
slathered in lights so it's just ablaze with color. 
It was like that.
 The mouse
My favorite
Ursula the Octopus
 King Neptune
A demon bat?
Really?
Cinderella
Hook
 There were lots more. 
and intermittent characters and performers.
It was so cool.
The next morning we hit Animal Kingdom.
 Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm with ya. Demon bats. Hmmph.
:)
Looks electrifying!
Sounds like a great first day!

Three Mommies said...

Cool electric photos. Somehow now my brain (or what's left of it tonight) is conflating lemonade and electric Kool-Aid. Maybe life wants you to make electric lemonade *grin*

Glad you had fun in Florida.

Glad you're back :)

Love 2B Homeschoolers said...

Wow, your camera takes such great photos in the dark. I'm jealous. All my Spectro photos came out blurry.