Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

The most amazing thing

happened on Saturday.
 It was so wonderfully unexpected, and such a gift from the universe to me.
It has been a sought after experience for A LOT of time.
Really, I live on 9 acres, in a forest, and it waited patiently to be found by my child perched in openness on my garage.
It was meant for us to see it.
I gave us 5 wonderfully forever cherished minutes admiring it.
Here is M's, the founder of the gift, mini interview:
 Now revel in this for a few:
Yes, friends, a luna moth!
For us.
I love the way his hand glows green.
It was a magnificent creature.
 And a memory that we will cherish for a very long time.
I still can not believe that we actually saw a live Luna moth. Not a fleeting glimpse, a chase through the woods, but a still 5 minutes marveling at it.
The world is a magnificent place.
K is such a gem. He said the luna moth came to visit us because we try so hard to be kind to the earth, and it was saying thanks, and to keep on doing it!
Sweet boy.
It did come for a reason, for that I am sure.

9 comments:

Heart Rockin Mama said...

That is awesome! A gift gor you. And those sweet kids will remember that forever.
Yay!

MamaTea said...

That is really cool...I have never seen one of those in real life...even zipping past! That's an amazing gift to you. And really insightful what K said about how it came because you guys are so kind to the earth. I think he's probably right :)

Stephanie said...

yay for presents!
Living in the west, I didn't know they were rare (as we don't have them here).
I had to look them up, of course...

Wonder if he'll stay for the whole seven days???

julie said...

Too cool!!! They are so big and beautiful! i have never seen one only the catipillar.

Good things do come to those who are patient and kind!

Rosemarie said...

What a beautiful picture and time well spent.

ladybug-zen said...

congratulations! they are magnificent. i'm so glad you were visited.

Kim said...

Wow! SO cool! I'm glad you were able to see a life long dream realized. I've never seen a Luna moth, only heard of them, so your pics are my first time seeing one and they are BEAUTIFUL! No wonder it was a dream of yours to see one up close :)

RunninL8 said...

OMG!!!! That is so cool!!!! What a lovely gift from the sky!!!

Love 2B Homeschoolers said...

I am so jealous!