Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Oh No!

As much as I did not want to happen.
 It has.
 The unthinkable.
Little old E has gone and turned four on us.
No more "baby"
 I must admit, he is a big boy now.
Sigh...sigh...
 You all know what I am obligated to do now.
Let's get on with it.
Here we go! (these are pictures of pictures...sorry.)
I Took His Hand and Followed
Mrs. Roy L. Peifer

My dishes went unwashed today,
I didn't make the bed,
I took his hand and followed
Where his eager footsteps led.

Oh yes, we went adventuring,
My little son and I...
Exploring all the great outdoors
Beneath the summer sky

We waded in a crystal stream,
We wandered through a wood...
My kitchen wasn't swept today
But life was gay and good.

We found a cool, sun-dappled glade
And now my small son knows
How Mother Bunny hides her nest,
Where jack-in-the-pulpit grows.

We watched a robin feed her young,
We climbed a sunlit hill...
Saw cloud-sheep scamper through the sky,
We plucked a daffodil.

That my house was neglected,
That I didn't brush the stairs,
In twenty years, no one on earth
Will know, or even care.

But that I've helped my little boy
To noble manhood grow,
In twenty years, the whole wide world 
May look and see and know.
Yes, M let E sleep with her last night, because she is sweet like that. Yes, the boy did request a hot dog and mandarin oranges for his special day breakfast in bed. Yes, Grandma and Grandpa called
and sang a wonderful, so in tune, sung from the heart, speaker phone, Happy birthday song.
Hey, do you think he'll still prefer to pee off the deck when he's five?
Hmmm....
 Got to love the boy.-K

8 comments:

Kim said...

Wow, 4?!?! Happy Birthday, E!! The poem made me teary, but the peeing off the deck cracked me up! :)

Three Mommies said...

I think he'll still pee off the deck when he's 25!

Happy Birthday E!

denise said...

Oh, happy birthday. Four is a fun one.

Dawn said...

WOW ~ 4 already?!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY E!!

Stephanie said...

Oof.
Happy, Happy Birthday, E!

Four.
oof.
Glad I still have a few months to get used to that idea.

julie said...

Happy Birthday E! I love the pictures.

RunninL8 said...

Such a cute little guy! So neat to watch all those changes! And it goes TOO fast, as they say.
Happy b-day, E!

ladybug-zen said...

Happy Birthday to you E!

my little e will pee anywhere as well. ANYWHERE!

what a sweet post. and wow! who looks like his daddy?!?

happy day to everyone at FC