Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Carly update, and the not so horny goats

And it's a good update. There must have been a mixup with the trainer because she did not appear when I thought, so A and I rode her anyhow. First, we just walked her around with her halter in her usual spook spots, and talked soft to her. We took our time and went really slow saddling her up, and continued to walk her around for a bit.
Then A got on her and just walked her around. She did well!
 No spook!
She seemed genuinely confused and kept stopping. I think she is just plain not knowing why people are on her, and what the hell they keep saying.
My hope is renewed. I still won't stick the kids on her, but I feel like we can do this.
I was really bummed out about possibly having to let her go .
I believe that she will be our horse, and a good one too.
But, I really hate the saddle we got.
It feels tippy, like you are on a camel or some such nonesense. I am totally getting another. That saddle made me fall off her once and get dragged.
 Did I ever report that here?
That was a funny thing.
Kinda.
 I think that saddle still freaks me out the most. It feels like it is slipping off. Horrid device, that thing.
 I hate it!
Hmmpff. Gonna git me a new one, for sure.
Anyway, onto the goat that won't breed saga. Remember Bucky?
Well, I bought his son!
 Meet Oreo.
He is cute, seems happy here, and the girls like him. Bucky FREAKED them out. He is even kind to Turkey Lurkey,
who truly believes he/she is a goat since the other Turkeys ex-communicated it.
 I hope Oreo is man enough to do the job.
Well, at least I don't have to arrange dates and times and drag these goats around.
 You know, you get some weird looks at the drive through with all the pathetic goat noises coming from the car.
 Maaahhaaa-K

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Bleeeheeeeheeeee
Glad your troubles are lookin' dimmer.
xo

Three Mommies said...

You would think that people would be used to random goat noises at the drive through.

Kim said...

Oh my God, you crack me up...love it!!:)