Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

Sadness


I am just so sad. 
 I blogged about our dog Nigel, and his latest adventure earlier today.
Today, Nigel died.
We are heartbroken.
He was a fabulous dog. He had our hearts.
He was one of those dogs, that you can't wrap your head around why they were given away. 
Not once, but twice.
 I am so glad he spent his last two years here with us.
 He was loved, and he knew it.
 We told him a lot.
 We think this is why he passed.
 Seems to be spot on.
Crap.
 "Oh, Nigel. Where are you?"
That was our mantra while searching for him the other day, it now seems to be echoing in my head.
I am feeling grateful that he died here in the warm house, and not lost in the woods somewhere, alone.
 We loved you.
We miss you.-K

8 comments:

Amber said...

Oh I am so so so sorry for your loss. How tragic. He looks lovely. I am so sorry you are in my heart.xxx

Heart Rockin Mama said...

I know how awful it feels to lose a pet. I am so sorry for your loss.
How are the kids taking it?
I'll be thinking of you all, hoping you are well during the holidays.
Peace.

EC said...

Oh my god, that's just awful! I'm so sorry that you all lost such a good friend!!! You are all in my thoughts, friend!!

ladybug-zen said...

i'm so sorry for your loss. i'll be sending lots of healing love vibes your way.

Three Mommies said...

Oh I'm so sorry. He was a great dog. He was so lucky to have you guys for his family.

*Hugs*

Kim said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear about this Kim! I really do remember him as being such a sweet dog the few times we were there, and how lucky he was to get to spend the last couple of years with such a loving family! I'll be thinking of you all over the holidays and hoping you find some comfort amongst the sadness.

Elemental Handcrafts said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Nigel. i was so hoping to meet him when we came to your house. Sending hugs to you all. He was lucky to be with you.
Steph N

Stephanie said...

Ah, I'm so sorry that you lost your pup, friend.
I'll be thinking of you and yours, and sending well-wishes and your your way.
Steph