Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

tagged


My friend Kim, not ME Kim, although I am my own very special friend, has tagged me. So I have to answer questions and such. You all have to read it all interested like. This is where she tagged me,
 http://thefalconsnest.blogspot.com/
I have to learn how to do that nifty trick where you just put their name and you click on it, and it's the link. I push all kind of buttons, but I've never figured it out. So if you see me and there is a computer nearby, teach me. Because I always forget to ask.
So here I go.

The rules are:
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

What I was doing 10 years ago: 
I was working the veterinary circuit, trying to woo my now husband into falling madly in love with me. It was quite a challenge as I am a hard sell. I am a complete weirdo. But I somehow persuaded him to give me a try and now I just can't seem to unbrainwash him. Those were good times, I don't remember much of those days. Brain cells and all...

Five things on my To Do List today: 

1. Milk goat
2. Remember to bring check to K's school
3. Stop at whole foods for dinner. I ended up doing taco's and red beans and rice, jicama and lime, and fresh guac. Just so you know.
4. Take the kids for a hike while K is in class.
5.Make home made strawberry goat milk ice cream with choc chips
 I do not have a to do list. yet. but these are things that gone today.


Snacks I enjoy: 
Bread and cheese. My snacks go in cycles, but right now it's so bread and cheese.


Things I would do if I were a billionaire: (no particular order here)
I would do something for refugees in Darfur. Maybe sponsor them over here to get the hell out of there.
Buy lots in inner cities and plant trees and let kids build tree forts and dig, and try and catch frogs, turtles. Just let them go all lord of the flies. and learn to revere nature.
I would like to build a big kennel to take in strays and even if they don't get adopted, hire people to pet and play with them just because I have the money to pay them.
I would like the houses and cars to have rules. Like if you have only two kids, No Suburban and no McMansion. The SQ footage of your house would be dependent on occupants, Same for cars.  So I would pay somebody to put that rule on the books.
I would love to abolish no child left behind and change the traditional public school setting to be a democratic child led model. and no stupid tests. It should be more recess and art and less learning how to fill in the bubbles. There would be no book reports, but more like what was your favorite part of this book and why? Who was your favorite charector? What book should we read next...
 Lastly, I would build a time machine and erase the part where W was president.

Three of my bad habits:
1. time management issues
2. getting side tracked
3.being in rush because of my time issues

Five places I have lived:
1. Greenwich, CT
2. Stamford, CT 
3.Brief stint in Danbury,CT
4. Norwalk,CT
5. Current town,CT

Five jobs I’ve had:
1. Babysitting
2. Dog Walking
3.Pet Sitting
4. Veterinary Technician
5. Mom

So that's that. Now I have to tag at least somebody. I pick you Waldorf Julie. I don't know who else to pick so just copy and paste if you want to do it. I did not have anything really interesting to post today, so it worked out pretty good on my end!-K

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yay, you did it :) I want to officially steal ALL of your billionaire answers...I was SO not that creative! They ROCKED! And the jicama and lime...that sounds AMAZING. We do taco nights here every week and I will have to incorporate that into it...yum :)

Stephanie S. said...

Well, unless you use a Mac, here is how you do the link....

When you're writing your post, highlight whatever, like "Bear Story", then at the top of where you're writing there is a section with symbols in it.
If the first one is a white box with font style (only a very few to choose from) then five symbols over there will be a green earth looking thing with two halves of a chain link on it.
Click that, and a window will pop up that says "http:// " and you put in the web address for "Bear Story". I always copy and paste the addy in there so I don't mess it up. (some of them are very lengthy!)

Hope that helps.
Stephanie