Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

time warp






Wow, Easter sure has a way of screwing up the old schedule, eh? Not like we have one, but I feel a little head spin going on.  We had a great Easter, how bout you? 
M, K and I dyed eggs, and foiled them as I was feeling extra Easterliscious. 
We all did so happily. Instead of  the old "This is fun. damn it. Smile and dip the damn egg. AND LIKE IT!"
That happens sometimes. You think things are going to be great. 
 Oh, we'll bake cookies today and talk about fractions!"
Half way through the damn batch you have yelled at the kids 12 times for bickering over who stirred the longest. You have yanked the mixer away from E, because he threw six shelled eggs in a pyrex and it's splattering the crap in cracks you did not even know your cabinets had. And now all three are crying, and you are hiding in a dark closet eating handfulls of chips.
You know, THOSE kind of fuzzy plans.
But we had two successful egg hunts, sharing of gifts, happy day.
We had a day after Easter egg hunt and cookie party at Sherri's house. Super fun way to extend the it's not Monday LA LA LA ness.
M and K started pottery again. Well, it was K's first class. He loved it!
 I will share pics of M's projects from the last classes.
They are wicked cute!
 Goats are doing well, getting big. We have to disbud them tomorrow. Also known as frying the nubs. Basically, we need to stop the horns from growing. Next we have to castrate them.
That'll be just lovely.
 I already have Ad's running on Craigslist to sell them. They really will be ready to go in a month. 
Weird.
 I'll miss them. 
 I have a few bites from people who want to keep them as pets. There are others that like to buy them to eat. They have not contacted me yet. It's all part of the deal I guess.
 BUT THEY ARE MY BABIES.
 I have dreams of a good life for them, not a fork.
 We'll see...
 I am searching for a new doe to keep with Leyla, so she has a friend. And so that I can alternate the breedings.
Milking is going well, I have a vacuum extractor coming. It's called "Udderly EZ". 
HA!
 It takes a long time to milk her and my hands get really tired. 
Bring on the mechanical suction!
WooHoo, suction!-K

2 comments:

Anthony said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD A GOOD TIME. I LIKE THE FOIL EGGS -VERY CRAFTY.

JULIE

Mama C said...

Yeah - I hear you Mama! Sometimes you need 2 handfuls of chips before you can exit the dark closet... as you question yourself, "where the hell did my positive parenting skills go to???"