Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Happy Birthday, E!





Well, E is three today! He sure is growing fast. I can remember clearly the day of his birth. Time really does fly by.
We celebrated last night with a small family party. We will have a bigger birthday with more friends and family in March. K's Birthday is at the end of March, so both boys will have a party together since they share all of the same friends. Plus, the kids can run outside and we can BBQ.
 He had a good time. He was having a difficult day, so he was being a PIA. At first he would not accept that it was his birthday. Then he was in a bad mood.  He liked his cake, and his gifts, so he changed his tune a bit. 
He recieved a bike and a mini golf set. He sits on the bike all day. It's in the house. He kind of won't let it leave. It's causing issues between K and E. He LOVES his "Motorcycle" and finds it very hard to share it. It's getting better, and soon, like tomorrow; I am putting it out! 
Today, his real birthday, he got a goat. He is very excited with the goat. Who is so pregnant we can feel her babies kick!  I'll post on her tomorrow!
 Anyway,  I am happy today reflecting on our last 3 years with E. He was such a calm baby, I never imagined what a punch he would pack! I'm glad E is healthy and growing as he should. He is a handful, and a ham. He can be sweet, and loving. He makes my life interesting everyday. He also makes me laugh. We love him a lot, and I can't imagine our family without him.  He's the boy who will always keep me on my toes. 
Here are some quotes that have me thinking of E:

“Of all the animals, 
the boy is the most unmanageable”-Plato

You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing.  What!  Is it nothing to be happy?  Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long?  Never in his life will he be so busy again.  ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau,Emile, 1762

There was never a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him to sleep.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson


A child is a curly dimpled lunatic.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

There's nothing that can help you understand your beliefs more than trying to explain them to an inquisitive child.  ~Frank A. Clark

Before you were conceived I wanted you
Before you were born I loved you
Before you were here an hour I would die for you
This is the miracle of life. -Maureen Hawkins.

Happy Three, baby boy.-K


2 comments:

Dawn said...

WOW ~ Hapy Birthday E! Seems like you were just born. Cannot wait to see your new goat!

Anthony said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY E!!

Julie and Ryan