Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

Goat!






So on Saturday, E's birthday, we picked up Leyla. I'm sure you have seen a post or two on her, haven't you. I mean I'm not excited about the addition of a pregnant goat or anything. I don't even like goats. I think they smell. They make disgusting cheese, and who in their right mind would drink their vile milk?
I am really grossed out when I see her belly wriggle from baby goats inside kicking. I hate the look on my kids faces when they feel the babies. I really dislike that when we take her on hikes on the deer trails throughout the property, that she follows us better than the dogs. I thinks she is so ugly with those icy blue eyes against her black hair. I totally hate that she has a little white patch on her side that looks like spilled milk.
 I hate that she nearly bowls my kids over when she wants her head scratched. I am so sad that my  kids love her so much. I hate having to drive up to the barn to see her and care for her. I think it's so annoying that she makes weird goat sounds. I hate that we now have to save veggie, fruit and grain scraps from the kitchen. That I have to drag the kids up to the barn against their will, kicking and screaming to give her a snack that I have to force her to eat.
I seriously do not like this goat. I LURVE her!-K

4 comments:

julie said...

She is so cute! I am so happy for you guys. I know you have been waiting for this day!!

Dawn said...

How great to know that she arrived safely! Cannot wait to hear more about her.

Pax said...

Okay. I.m happy for you, but I am still jealous!

Came across a great site: www.pathtofreedom.com
An urban homestead on 1/5 acre! Their message board also has some categories that may be of interest to you.

And of course: GOATS:
http://dervaesinstitute.org/photogallery/Animals/Goats/slides/goats-16.html

Kim said...

Oh she's so pretty! I can't wait to see newborn goat babies (I'm only guessing that you'll take at least a few pictures :) . How exciting!